There are a few things every woman over a certain age (in my case over 72) should have in order to enter the 2nd half of life with confidence, style, and grace. In this post, I list 18, based on my own experiences. A few I have; others I am still working on.
- An attitude of gratitude.
- A healthy self-image.
- A positive attitude.
- A little black dress that makes you feel and look gorgeous.
- A good bra to give “the girls” a boost.
- A good body shaper to wear under that fabulous black dress, thus hiding a few flaws.
- Good teeth and a dazzling smile.
- At least one sexy pair of comfortable shoes.
- Two good (leather) purses.
- A strong, healthy mind and body.
- A “drop-dead” gorgeous (recent) photo of yourself.
- A strong savings account.
- At least one good girl friend who knows all of your secrets.
- A healthy, vibrant companion who shares some of your interests – i.e., walking, traveling, dancing.
- Something (or someone) you are passionate about.
- A big screen TV.
- Several pairs of reading glasses.
- A Smartphone or an Ipad.
If you’re wondering why I have listed 4 – 9, the best answer I can give is this: These things make you look better. And, when you look good, you feel good.
What do you think? Did I miss something? If you would like to add to this list, please do.