My recent vacation in beautiful Sag Harbor, New York, reminded me of Andy Rooney’s comments on women over 60. I posted this once but am motivated to, again, share Mr. Rooney’s words of wisdom.
- A woman over 60 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, ‘What are you thinking?’ She doesn’t care what you think.
- If a woman over 60 doesn’t want to watch a game, she doesn’t sit around whining about it. She goes and does something she wants to do and it’s usually more interesting.
- Women over 60 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.
- Older women are more generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it‘s like to be unappreciated.
- Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 60.
- Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 60 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
- Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off if you are a jerk or if you are acting like one. You don’t ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
To Mr. Rooney’s comments, I am adding: Women over 60 know that they are responsible for their own peacefulness.
If you are over 60, how do you feel about it? Let me hear from you.